Sunday, September 4, 2011

6 Months later & still going strong!

It has been 6 months since we brought Lucy home.  She just received her 6 month post adoption placement home study, a small milestone for us.  What can I say, we have been gradually getting acclimated and uncovering each other's idiosyncrasies. 















She has been in speech therapy for 2 months now and can make a 'B', 'P' sound and blow bubbles in the water.  While I water flowers outside, she fills up the dog bowl with water, puts her face in the bowl and makes bubbles!  She is so proud of herself!  For those who are unaware, we repaired her cleft palate in May and without being able to previously use that muscle, we had to start from scratch to learn.  She graduated from physical therapy because she is walking, jumping and running like any 23 month old.

Lucy started school 3 weeks ago and LOVES it!  I walk her in, we put her lunch box down and then she turns, waves and says, "Bye, Bye Mama!"  Then walks off onto the playground.  She is so independent and confident.  The fun part is picking her up!!  I walk into the school and when she finally sees me, she comes running across the room to meet me.  One day, a poor little 2 year old boy got in between Lucy and me and she bulldozed him down.  He was OK but I am sure that my tenacious( almost 2 year old) will never let anything come between her and her prize, whatever that may be.

I am looking forward to her 2nd birthday, but the first birthday that we will be spending together in October.  Stay tuned for a slew of new firsts for Lucy in the upcoming months.


No comments:

Post a Comment